Wow. Six months. Certainly has been awhile, huh LJ? Considering my last entry, I didn't exactly start my hiatus on the best note. So much has happened since then, so I think I'm gonna have to use bullets lest I go on forever. pew pew!
Soooooo, since the last time I've updated (not in exact order), I have:
- proven, beyond a doubt, that I'm an amazing person that is capable of godly amounts of patience and maturity. Ask around. If they know what happened, they wouldn't hesitate to agree.
- started playing WoW. As of now I have an uber-geared 80 rogue and am leveling my second character, a hunter. I know, I know. Like I needed another distraction to keep me from doing artses...
- traveled on a plane, for the first time in about a decade, to Houston for a week in April to visit my buddy astralabortion . While there, I had fine food, even better company, experienced an awesome art festival, swam in the Gulf before it got gross, and went skydiving. TWICE. 8D
- visited my brother in NYC with the rest of my family at the end of May. This was the first family vacation we've ever done, and it was amazing. To experience New York City more like a local instead of a tourist was amazing, despite doing the obvious tourist-y things like seeing the major sites (Empire State Building, Statue o' Liberty, The Met, and National History Museum to name a few). And, of course, it was great to see my brother again.
- started school again. Started summer semester at one of the local tech schools, aiming for a double AA in Applied Visual Arts and Graphic Design. Thanks to UPS, I get $3000 a year for school, and i finally decided to put it to use.
- lost 25 pounds, due to a combination of P90X, yoga, loss of appetite, and good ol' fashioned stress. It's weird not having anything fit me anymore, and in a good way. I pretty much need a whole new wardrobe. Yay Good Will!
- reconnected with a bunch of old friends, whom I didn't realize how much I missed. I've a long way to go before totally getting out of my hermitude, but it's a start.
- got back together with Ben. He realized he made a horrible mistake quite soon afterward, and proceeded to emotionally beat himself up/ be abused for a few months after that. I knew he would regret it, and so did he, but he just had to learn the hard way. I still love him, and knew I'd always wonder (and probably regret) if I didn't give him a second chance. Though, honestly, it'll take a long time to trust him like I used to.
Overall, I've gone through so much, and have really grown and discovered a lot about myself. I've learned, and feel more secure about my worth then I ever have before. More zen. It's a phenomenal, wholesome feeling that I'll due my darnedest to hold onto.